Monday, February 11, 2013

TAF Project #1 Progress



This is just another update of our first project using the totem, amulet, fetish molds. Right now I have one of my positives completely finished and two are on the way to being completed. Here are some pictures of the wax sculpture that I finished. After both sides had hardened, I popped them out of the molds and cleaned them up. This step took a lot longer than I was expecting since there was lots of plaster dust that stuck to the wax positives. After touching them up and removing as much of the plaster as possible. I heated up both sides and formed them into one object. More heat was applied to smooth everything out and to bring out the smooth texture it once had.







My other two positives are made out of paper and plaster. Currently the paper mold is about finished and is just drying. I will sand off some of the imperfections and smooth it out a little more as well. The plaster positive is still drying in two pieces, inside the original plaster mold. I am hoping that the more detailed half comes out cleanly so I won't have to do a ton of maintenance on it later. But overall I am confident I will have all three positives finished and cleaned up by the due date, Wednesday.




No comments:

Post a Comment