Monday, March 25, 2013

Final Project Ideas

Final Project


My proposal is still somewhat vague as to what I will actually be sculpting for the rest of the semester. Rather than just doing a series of objects with no real relation to one another, I was thinking about having a series of objects that evolve from extremely simple to more detailed and complex. Starting with geometric shapes such as a sphere, a pyramid and maybe a cube, I would then branch off to more and more detailed and protruding sculptures. But the objects I will be creating will aim to be more realistic depictions rather than abstract works.


As for the media I will be using I still haven't figured out exactly what I will be doing either. During the semester I enjoyed working with plaster and wax so I imagine I will be using those. But I am also thinking about adding a third, whether it be wood or paper or maybe something I haven't worked with yet. The other problem is I'm not exactly sure which objects in the series of detail evolution will be made out of what. I may make a series out of each media which would give me a lot to work on for the last few weeks of class. Especially since I will have to make each sculpture in each media look similar to one another.

Currently I need to figure out what exact subjects I will want to sculpt in the series of evolution. I need to know how many I will be sculpting as well. Maybe three to five in each. Lastly I need to figure out what media I will be using and for which objects.

No comments:

Post a Comment