Sunday, March 31, 2013

Statement of Intent Draft


Connor Felt
Sculpture
Eric Norman
27 March 2013
Statement of Intent

For the rest of the semester I want to focus on having a complete final project finished as well as catching up with my blog. Since there aren’t many class days in the semester left I will make sure to attend each one and work on my final project. Outside of class I will be coming up with ideas on how to improve it as well as keeping up with my blog. Ideally I would like a final collection of polished works to be able to display for my final project.
As far as concerns go, I am mostly worried about having enough objects, or detailed enough objects. I am not sure exactly which media I will be using exclusively either, but I want to mainly focus on plaster and wax. I am starting with simple objects and moving up to more detailed so I am hoping I will have enough time to have a set of detailed objects I am really proud of.
Overall I am not too certain where I want to take my work past this semester. I am glad to be learning skills that will eventually help me in the future. I am also learning that I enjoy working with my hands and 3D objects more than expected. This will help me narrow down a career path, which has been something I have been struggling with immensely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment