Sunday, March 31, 2013

Artist Statement Draft


Connor Felt
Sculpture
Eric Norman
29 March 2013
Artist Statement
Currently I haven’t narrowed down a specific path that I want to follow in terms of artistic expression or messages that I want to portray. If anything I want to create works that are thoughtful and make people question things that they normally ignore or take for granted. I find myself analyzing things that I would imagine most people don’t spend their time thinking about, so I would like to create things that inspire people to question the same things I do.
These questions could be about topics as broad as society or authority, or as specific as current world conflicts for example. We live in a very interesting age in terms of technological advancement which also consumes a lot of my thoughts. This is a theme that I would like to continue to depict or touch upon if I continue making artistic works. 
For me, life is a careful balance between logic and emotion, science and art. Even when it comes to an art studio class, I like to bring some function or scientific principal to the work as well. Sometimes this is required in order for a work to be structurally sound for example. This duality of nature is another theme that I like to express on many different levels through different works.

No comments:

Post a Comment