Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Art and Society

In my art and society class we have a final project where we must take a culture that we haven't studied thus far and analyze a particular art form from that culture. After we analyze the art form and its context within the society, we are to create our own rendition of said art form and present it to the class. I still have very little idea what I will be analyzing and creating but I do have a couple of things in mind.

Ideally I would like to create something using the skills we've learned and the materials available in sculpture class. This could end up being pottery maybe, or a statue of some sort. But ideally it would be a 3D object that wouldn't take too long to create from scratch, and that exemplifies the art form well.

As far as cultures to study and analyze I am thinking about choosing a tribe of indigenous peoples from the Americas. I have always been interested in these types of cultures as well as their clash with colonies from Europe. As I come up with more ideas and progress with my project I will post updates and progress reports.

No comments:

Post a Comment