Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Zeds Dead Essential Mix on BBC Radio 1


Zeds Dead

As of the past year or so I have become increasingly interested in djing/mixing as well as EDM in general. I find it fascinating how different songs can sound when cut and spliced together in a new way. I've been exploring djing as a hobby for myself but I find it really helpful to listen to mixes and sets created by other artists in order to get inspiration or ideas.

Normally I go through lots of different mixes and have lots of different attitudes toward them. Some can be extremely flat and repetitive while others take you on a roller coaster journey though many generes and tempos. Recently I found one that I can't get sick of. It's a 2-hour Zeds Dead Essential Mix though the BBC Radio 1 network.

I enjoy this particular mix so much because of how successfully they bring variety to the mix. One of the hardest things to do in the EDM world of djing is to have a diversified and unique set. Many djs are lazy and string together songs with little flare, but there are still those out there who try and make each transition unique. Zeds Dead is a duo that has been together for some time now and listening to their music over a year or two shows how much they have evolved. More recently have I seen them using a lot more diverse sounds and genres, with a huge collection of remixes as well. I'm hoping to see a set from them again pretty soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment