Sunday, April 14, 2013

Revised Artist Statement


Artist Statement

I make works thoughtfully so people question topics that they normally ignore or take for granted. The American lifestyle is so conditioned and scheduled that I want to challenge people to view subjects from multiple perspectives, and to question everything. By analyzing things that I would imagine most people don’t think about, I hope to create things that inspire people to question the same ideas. 

These questions could be as broad as society or authority, or as specific as current world conflicts. We live in a very interesting age in terms of technological advancement which also consumes a lot of my thoughts. The rapid advance of human technology contrasted by the underdeveloped of the human spirit is a main subject I would like to bring into more works. 

For me, life is a careful balance between logic and emotion, science and art. Even when it comes to an art studio class, I like to bring some function or scientific principal to the work as well. Sometimes this is required in order for a work to be structurally sound for example. This duality of nature is another theme that I like to express on many different levels through different works.

No comments:

Post a Comment