Sunday, April 14, 2013

Coachella Art & Music Festival

Coachella 

Going on right now is the first weekend of the ever famous Coachella Art and Music Festival. I was able to attend last year which was one of the most fun experiences I have ever had. Unfortunately this year my sights are set on a couple other festivals and I wasn't able to make it down for Coachella 2013. Luckily they decided to steam several live sets all weekend for people to watch at home, so that's what my weekend has entailed so far.



Being at Coachella last year I had no idea what to expect as far as visual art. The installations were massive and thrilling to look at. They also served as a good meeting place for groups since they were so large and distinct. At night, many also took different forms as their lights were more vibrant or they emitted flames.

I was also really impressed with the visualizers for a lot of the artists, especially the EDM artists. The geometric, vibrant, sharp color designs are right up my alley in terms of visual interest. It's amazing how much the light shows contribute to the overall experience. Listening to music at home is almost half of the show that each artist puts on.


Seeing all of the diverse and affecting visualizers somewhat inspired me to think about it differently. I am curious as to whether or not I would enjoy making some myself, considering I already have such an interest in visual arts and music. It also makes one think about how many people, besides the artist, who collaborated to create the one unique experience for each show.

No comments:

Post a Comment